What To Do With Old Underwear

For Tackle it Tuesday and Talk About it Tuesdays meme (TIT for TAT) I tackled my underwear drawer, as I was tackling my dresser earlier right before my eyes I saw three drawers full of undergarments. I started sorting them out to the ones I use frequently (my favorites) and organize them to those I use going out and ones I use at home. Yes I have separate underwear at home and going out! Yes, I am an underwear freak, if you want to put it that way. But no I won’t show you the pictures because it’s bit private (hahahaha!) and I wanna keep my privacy or at least my undergarments private. Hahahaha!

No they are not my underwear those were displays on an underwear shop here. I am not that bold and would be too embarrassed to display mine on public!

After sorting them out, I was left with two drawers and another full of underwear’s I don’t plan to use anymore for: a) my boobs got bigger some are too tight already to hurt my tender bossoms! (HA!); b) some have loose garters, holes and stains that I don’t want to use anymore and ready for throwing!

But wait, do I really want to throw out all these discarded underwear’s? Wait a minute! What if some crazy perverted people got hold of this garbage of mine and get hold of my old undies God knows what he will do with them! Scary thought really, I can be paranoid sometimes!Well, I have thought of some ideas I can make use of them other than throwing them out: (which is a good post topic for Try This Tuesday meme)A) For hopeless old underwear, loose garters, holes in the right (wrong) places and stains you can tear them to pieces to make small cut even sizes, remove the snaps, hook and eyes or anything hard on brassieres.

1) make them throw pillow fillings to make them more fluff
2) make new throw pillows or display pillows (different size and shapes)
3) make some rags
4) and for those crafty enough people out there make some rag dolls or stuff toys filling

B) Donate to homeless people. Yes, this can be an option too. I would never thought of until recently I met my older sisters landlady. I was helping my sister move out and I found a box full of underwear so I asked her what she will do with it. She said she will leave it there because the landlady collects old underwear’s. “WHAT!” to my surprise. Well, a valid non-perverted reason behind this was her landlady accommodates poor, street, and homeless children every week at her place and gives them stuff she and her friends do not use but are still in good condition.

So what do you think? Am I genius or what? I bet you haven’t thought much about them right? But really how about you, what do you do with your old underwear’s?

Click on the banners to see what the other bloggers are tackling, talking about and trying out!

Share Your Thoughts Here
About

I am a storyteller. Enabler. Fashion, Beauty, Travel and Lifestyle Blogger. An advocate of autism awareness, women's and children's rights and the environment. A single parent of a person with autism. A former Journalist. I am not an expert I am experienced. I do what I love no regrets. If you need anything email me at : earthlingorgeous (@) gmail.com

24 Comments

• Sherry 12/11/2008 at 6:49 am Reply

yeah this is nice tip!

• nurseabie 12/11/2008 at 6:37 am Reply

I blog about What to do with old underwear.

Sana makahabol. hehe

• Sherry 12/11/2008 at 2:06 am Reply

Jes I think you should put your blog post link.

• Jes 12/10/2008 at 3:17 pm Reply
  • Sherry 12/10/2008 at 11:11 am Reply

I think if item is still in good condition sure can used. But depend what item it is.

• Sherry 12/10/2008 at 11:11 am Reply

• Jes 12/10/2008 at 11:03 am Reply

that is a great idea! =)

• Jes 12/10/2008 at 11:03 am Reply

that is a great idea! =)

• Sherry 12/10/2008 at 9:03 am Reply

haha.. this remind me someone sold used underwear online.

• Sherry 12/10/2008 at 9:03 am Reply

haha.. this remind me someone sold used underwear online.

• Trish 10/16/2008 at 2:26 am Reply

Thanks for some great ideas! Very fun stuff. 🙂

• Sonnie 10/15/2008 at 10:40 pm Reply

Interesting post… ha ha ha. too embarrassed to share my thoughts further

• earthlingorgeous 10/15/2008 at 6:06 pm Reply

@ Amydeanne yeah those crafty people they do make cute stuff from scratch!

@ Christine Thanks so much! Time do dig out the unders! Haha!

@ Mrs. Organic Wow! That is so cool you lived here in the 70s (our country’s best years I think) Yup piyaya’s from Cebu and the mangos yummy aren’t they. And applaus for you for having the unders in the clothing donation box those who can’t afford can really use them.

@Kristi Yeah I was surprised about this too but look Mrs. Organic is another example, she puts her old bras in a donation bin so it really happens.

• Kristi 10/14/2008 at 10:16 pm Reply

This post cracks me up. I usually just throw mine away. People really want used undergarments? Oh, my!

• Mrs. Organic 10/14/2008 at 6:48 pm Reply

I usually cut them up and toss them out. The bras just end up in the clothing donation bin.

I lived in Manila in the 70s – I still miss the dried mangos and the piyayas (at least that’s what I think they’re called)from Cebu.

• Christine 10/14/2008 at 4:33 pm Reply

Great ideas! I could definetily use a good sorting session with my unders! Your blog is beautiful btw!

• Amydeanne 10/14/2008 at 3:01 pm Reply

lol well good for your for tackling! i wouldn’t have thougth about pillows.. but some of them would make cute “things” I suppose!

• earthlingorgeous 10/14/2008 at 2:15 pm Reply

@ Pie I know what you mean I am still trying to resolve my issue about this one. Personally I kinda feel it is really weird too.

@ Organizing mommy My drawers are very small ones also those were undies I accumulated over time because I don’t like throwing them out for someone to dig in! LOL give me your address I will give you a garter present for X-mas! Hahahahaha!

@ Robyn hahaha I dig a hole for cat poops! But that is a great idea. I still don’t know if I should give them away though!

@ Holly I know it bothers me too but my sis was comfortable about it. Feels weird for me really but the landlady was very encouraging it seems for her to leave a box of old undies for the kids to dig in!

• Holly 10/14/2008 at 1:13 pm Reply

This is something I need to tackle too. I’ve always just thrown my old ones out though. Giving used underwear (even after its been cleaned) to someone just bothers me. I think that bothers me more then the thought of someone digging through my trash to get my old underwear.

• Robyn 10/14/2008 at 12:51 pm Reply

I do what you wouldn’t dare to do… I chuck them in the garbage! I just toss them in the regular can, but if you have a cat… the cat litter garbage can is a great place to toss old papers or stuff like that. If the pervert or thief wants to dig through cat poopie and cat urine, they can have whats in there! LOL

• Organizing Mommy 10/14/2008 at 12:50 pm Reply

Three drawers? I’m jealous. After five kids, I need a new supply. Send me your hand-me-downs. I’m not homeless, but can be pathetic at times.. LOL And what are garters? Maybe I don’t want to know?

• piebuko 10/14/2008 at 12:37 pm Reply

nice post! who would have thought. I wouldn’t feel comfortable giving out my undies though. It just feels weird. hehe

• earthlingorgeous 10/14/2008 at 9:44 am Reply

Oh Gawd Oh No! No No No Liza! I won’t dare let’s leave it to the imagination!

• Liza's Eyeview 10/14/2008 at 8:20 am Reply

come on, I dare you show the photos – ha! ha!

Good tips and tackling 🙂