Barre3 is a 60-minute workout where a ballet barre is used as props to help keep your balance while doing cross-workout routines from yoga and pilates.
Last night was my first time to try it out and I loved it. Yes it was difficult but it absolutely stretched all dormant muscles that I have plus its a great workout for correcting your posture. Thanks to The Spa, Barre3 master trainer Darcy Harding and Tanya Tan, the woman who brought Barre3 to the Philippines.
Waking up was not that difficult as expected but as the day progresses, like now, I feel some parts of me sore especially behind my thighs, my shoulder blades, and my butt! Darcy said if you don’t feel sore after you didn’t do it right. Well then I guess I was doing it right!
“Each class follows a specific sequence blending the grace of ballet barre with the wisdom of yoga and the strength of pilates. Classes are taught to an upbeat soundtrack designed to support the vigorous flow of the class.”
- Connects mind, body and breath and relieves stress (I agree!)
- Inch loss and reduces body fat (with the way I sweat last night, it was the first time I actually had my shirt soaked with sweat)
- Builds longer, leaner muscles and a strong core. (You would definitely feel your muscles stretch and tighten specially those muscles you don’t think ever existed and I bet in a couple of sessions it will really tone your muscles)
- Energizes and increases stamina ( I feel so refreshed after the workout)
- Develops muscle balance leading to a well-proportioned body with less risk of injury (like I said earlier its good exercise to correct your posture)
I would definitely do it in a heartbeat again, in fact I’m gonna use my other free session soon and probably enroll for the 10 session class. By the way for those who want to try it out Barre3 offers free session for first timers. Absolutely free just make sure to call for your appointment. Call 8363184 if you are in Alabang, 4035994 if you are at The Fort area.
Here are Barre3 Class schedules:
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday 7:30 AM; 5:30PM and 7PM
- Tuesday and Thursday 5PM and 6:30PM
- Saturday 9AM, 11AM, and 4:30PM
- Sunday 9am and 4:30PM
Rates for the Barre3 Class
Single class P700
10 class (valid for 2 months) P5,500
30 class (valid for 6 months) P15,000
Monthly Unlimited membership (valid for 30 days) P5,500
Annual Unlimited membership P50,000
Private session (one-on-one) P2,000
Exclusive session (minimum of 2 clients) P1,500 per person
Barre3 Bloggers Session Photos:
Keeping my body fit is one of my goals now since I am comparing term life insurance quotes from different company because I might get one soon.