Real Leaf Paparazzi

There are two things I love doing: blogging and taking photos.  So, when Nuffnang Philippines announced their first contest for 2010 I did not hesitate. The contest was to take a Real Leaf Paparazzi shot, sounds fun and challenging to me.

Equipped with my point-and-shoot digital camera I had my Real Leaf radar up. I bring my camera wherever I go even before this contest I want it with me when inspiration strikes me. Until one day while waiting for my daughter who was having her therapy session at PCMC a mom and child walked pass me with a Real Leaf tucked on the mom’s sling bag. Immediately I grabbed my camera and took a shot.

Real Leaf Paparazzi
Damn! Missed a shot of the Real Leaf. So I had to try again. I positioned myself opposite of them and a nice view of the real leaf on her messenger bag so I can get a nice shot. I was tying not to be obvious that I was taking a photo of them I pretended I was just browsing my camera.
Click…
Real Leaf Paparazzi
Good but not so good one more shot…
Real Leaf Paparazzi
Nice, but I need to have a better view of the Real Leaf so I zoomed as far as my point-and-shoot cam can go. Click…
Real Leaf Paparazzi
Perfect! A Real Leaf Paparazzi shot!

I didn’t ask the mom why she had a Real Leaf in her bag, she might think I’m weird or something. But since the bottle was half-full I assumed she or her son loves drinking it while waiting for their therapy session. The kid is a client of PCMC Rehabilitation Center too undergoing occupational therapy like my daughter. Knowing kids like them they will only sit in a corner if they have something on their mouth. With all the plastic bags loaded with snack beside this mom and son tandem I guess Real Leaf is part of his favorite drink.

Shoot! I don’t have a shot of them drinking! Didn’t the contest require someone drinking it? Damn, I have to do something!

I went to the supermarket and grabbed two bottles of Real Leaf with its two flavors the Honey Lychee and the Honey Apple (by the way the mom and son tandem had a Honey Apple). A 480ml bottle cost a little over P17.00 and a 1 liter bottle is a little over P23.00, not bad.

I was contemplating of either giving a bottle to a neighbor or grabbing a couple bottles and have the moms at my daughter school drink it and sneak a photo of them drinking it, but my conservative self prevailed, I don’t think I have the guts to give them a bottle of Real Leaf and tell them to pretend not to look while I take photos of them drinking the product.

My desperation to join the contest (well who doesn’t want a chance to get P20,000 for doing something you love?) led me into taking a shot of me drinking a real leaf. I’m not looking anyway so this could pass as a “paparazzi shot”.
Real Leaf PaparazziReal Leaf Paparazzi
Real Leaf Paparazzi
Of course not! This won’t work! So obvious!

I had to do something. I’ll try it with my daughter.

Me: Hi baby can you please try this real leaf for mommy? Please? It taste good promise.
Real Leaf Paparazzi
Ugh… this won’t work she won’t even hold the bottle and I don’t want to torture my daughter drinking something she doesn’t like. I have to try something else.

Me: Here kitty, kitty, kitty! Here Miming try Real Leaf, I’ll give you a Tuna if you will drink it.
Real Leaf Paparazzi
LMAO! As soon as the cats smelled it they ran away from it. I think the green tea leaf from the Real Leaf smelled like cat nip to them. LMAO!

I have to resort to something else, Mom (evil grin).
Me: Mom, can you try this drink for me please.
Mom: What is that?
Me: It’s Real Leaf some cold tea beverage drink. Try it its good.
Real Leaf Paparazzi
My mom is such a cam ham. As soon as she saw me taking shots of her drinking, she looked. LOL! Well at least she liked it.

As soon as I thought I got a so so “paparazzi shot” of mom drinking the Real Leaf my daughter grabbed the bottle.

Daughter’s thought bubble: OK mommy I’m doing this for you.

Daughter’s thought bubble: I’m really gonna do it.

Daughter’s thought bubble: Here I go!

Real Leaf Paparazzi

Daughter’s thought bubble: Remember mom, I’m doing this for you!
Real Leaf Paparazzi

Daughter’s thought bubble: Hey! That’s not so bad at all!

Before she entirely consume the product I decided to change her shirt to this. Yeah! A My Blogger Mom Rocks shirt.

Real Leaf Paparazzi
Daughter’s thought bubble: Hmmm… I like it! My Blogger Mom really rocks!
Real Leaf Paparazzi

I followed her around the house as she drinks the Real Leaf .  That was fun!  She enjoyed it a lot and gulped away.

Real Leaf Paparazzi

Daughter’s thought bubble: Real Leaf taste soooo good!
Real Leaf Paparazzi

All the way down! Hey daughter! Don’t eat the bottle! LMAO!

After consuming the entire bottle.  She is now packing away.

Real Leaf Paparazzi

Daughter’s thought bubble:  Awww I drank it all up.  I hope mom buys more of this stuff.

My daughter is not a soda or a juice drinker, water is her favorite beverage she likes coffee or hot chocolate in the morning, but in between, nothing but water. Having her drink Real Leaf is fun as I was able to introduce something  different to her.   I don’t see any ingredient from Real Leaf that will be harmful to her. According to the label Real Leaf has 0% fat, 0% protein and 9% fat per serving of 240ml.

Based on personal experience green tea aids in the digestion as it helps release the toxins in the body.  I suggest your drink it at night time so that you can flush it in the morning.

FYI: No child or animal was hurt during the photo shoot.  Photographer was singing Paparazzi by Lady Gaga while taking the shots by the way.

Share Your Thoughts Here
About

I am a storyteller. Enabler. Fashion, Beauty, Travel and Lifestyle Blogger. An advocate of autism awareness, women's and children's rights and the environment. A single parent of a person with autism. A former Journalist. I am not an expert I am experienced. I do what I love no regrets. If you need anything email me at : earthlingorgeous (@) gmail.com

37 Comments

• SgtMack 01/31/2010 at 11:43 pm Reply

Hi earth! nice pics! check my entry too! 🙂 http://itiswhatitis-sgtmackallen.blogspot.com/2010/01/real-leaf-paparazzi.html
    .-= SgtMack´s last blog ..Real Leaf Paparazzi =-.

• earthlingorgeous 01/31/2010 at 2:08 pm Reply

Thanks everyone! 🙂

• jo marie 01/31/2010 at 11:05 am Reply

nice entry!

goodluck po ms. Earth! 🙂

• Karen 01/31/2010 at 9:38 am Reply

Nice entry and you’ve got many paparazzi photos. Good luck to all of us!

• pouch 01/31/2010 at 9:19 am Reply

i had a hard time thinking who’s cuter: lola or the kid. hehe. nice article. hope u check mine too.

thanks. =)

• James 01/30/2010 at 5:43 pm Reply

hahaha… kung mom ko ang paiinumin ko ng Real Leaf, sangkaterbang tanong muna hehehe.. but still nice entry hehe

• LetsGoSago.net 01/30/2010 at 4:34 pm Reply

woot! go go go!

• victor bueno 01/30/2010 at 2:52 pm Reply

I can’t opine about the drink, but the light and the people of your photos are beautiful
    .-= victor bueno´s last blog ..About Time and Life =-.

• levy 01/30/2010 at 1:47 pm Reply

nice shots Earth! ang kulit ng mga kuha mo pati si ming ming.. hahaha
    .-= levy´s last blog ..Real Leaf Paparazzi =-.

• Nicely 01/30/2010 at 1:15 pm Reply

Great post! I can see that your daughter really loves drinking Real Leaf Green Tea. Simot-sarap eh! Hehehe!

Btw, thanks for commenting on my Century Tuna post. Good luck to us!
    .-= Nicely´s last blog ..My Century Tuna Superbods Run Training =-.

• Nicely 01/30/2010 at 1:03 pm Reply

I love Real Leaf Green Tea, too, especially the honey lychee flavor.

Great post! I can see your daughter loves Real Leaf talaga!
    .-= Nicely´s last blog ..My Century Tuna Superbods Run Training =-.

• elaine 01/29/2010 at 3:48 pm Reply

Everyone seems to be enjoying that drink. 🙂
    .-= elaine´s last blog ..Real Leaf Paparazzi =-.

• Ellen Joy Castel 01/29/2010 at 8:55 am Reply

Very witty write-up 🙂 I can see that you’ve enjoyed writing this post by the way you shared your story. Good luck to us both 🙂
    If you have the time, please visit and post a comment on my Real Leaf Paparazzi post too. Thanks!
    .-= Ellen Joy Castel´s last blog ..Mommy Moments: Welcoming MY TWINS 🙂 =-.

• mike 01/28/2010 at 11:59 pm Reply

Cute cute cute!!!

• earthlingorgeous 01/26/2010 at 12:24 pm Reply

Hi everyone! Thanks for the sweet comments! I really had fun doing this post.

• Dhina Lieva 01/26/2010 at 12:01 pm Reply

wow! good luck sa entry and hope to see you again next time! I see fun here in your post.. 🙂
    .-= Dhina Lieva´s last blog ..Strategic Business =-.

• Janette Toral 01/24/2010 at 11:36 pm Reply

Wow Earth. Ok ah. Good luck to your entry at sa lahat ng sumali. =)
    .-= Janette Toral´s last blog ..Building a Tribe: can you lead us? =-.

• Joanne Gonzales 01/24/2010 at 2:31 pm Reply

hello, nice shots 😀 i did join the contests too 🙂 but for an IPOD nano 🙂 kasi bago lang ako sa blogosphere eh. hehehe

• Lawrence Claudia 01/24/2010 at 11:13 am Reply

Hi, ur blog is really nice and interesting, i truly like it. I just wanna suggest that u should go for blog advertising & marketing there is a website which is offering very unique features at affordable prices. There are Expert advertising teams who will promote ur blog & affiliate ads through all over the networks. All u have to do is submit your blog plus pay affordable prices and rest leave it to Advertising Team for Promotion & Marketing then see how u enjoy a lots of quality traffic plus good readers to ur blog. Finally I have bookmarked ur blog & shared with my friends.!!happy blogging!!.

• aeirin 01/24/2010 at 5:04 am Reply

nkakatuwa entry mo…. panalo sa kulit…. fave ko ung lychee. sayang nga d ako nkasali. si monch kasi 2 1L n lychee flavor ang baon. hehehe….

• philippineswhatsnew 01/24/2010 at 1:55 am Reply

wow, ito ang panalo. ang kulit pa nung sa huli.
    .-= philippineswhatsnew´s last blog ..Philippines First Sky Walk Adventure =-.

• Michael Oher 01/23/2010 at 3:42 pm Reply

this is great Earth . car
    .-= Michael Oher´s last blog ..THE ROAD TO RENT FINALLY OPENS ON FEB. 5 =-.

• Michael Oher 01/23/2010 at 3:39 pm Reply

Hi Earth , great entry, hope you`ll win.
    you can also read mine:
    .-= Michael Oher´s last blog ..THE ROAD TO RENT FINALLY OPENS ON FEB. 5 =-.

• rachel 01/21/2010 at 4:38 am Reply

Thats good for you best….i hope they’re all gone for good.

• earthlingorgeous 01/20/2010 at 5:41 am Reply

lol toxic boi… i guess you haven’t read previous stories about this incident lol… I don’t hate Nuffnang per se but the previous people in Nuffnang Philippines was the problem and apparently they are all gone 🙂 and the new people are nicer except the one caught in the middle during that time

• toxic boi 01/20/2010 at 2:34 am Reply

nice! haha. but… i thought you hate nuffnang? hehe. what changed ur mind? ^^
    .-= toxic boi´s last blog ..Velvet =-.

• kahodininhehouse 01/19/2010 at 8:39 pm Reply
  • earthlingorgeous 01/19/2010 at 4:18 pm Reply

@ Edel, Rachel, Dinah and Mee-i Thank you!

• mee-i 01/19/2010 at 10:15 am Reply

haha. ang galing 🙂 good luck pero fave ko yung sa daughter mo 🙂 aja!

• Dinah 01/19/2010 at 8:56 am Reply

ha ha, ang kulit ng entry mo 🙂
    .-= Dinah´s last blog ..Mellow Yellow Monday =-.

• rachel 01/19/2010 at 4:47 am Reply

Im having fun reading it…it really entertains me.

• edelweiza 01/19/2010 at 3:47 am Reply

good luck, earth! i had fun reading your post. 🙂
    .-= edelweiza´s last blog ..Weighing Scales Don’t Lie =-.

• iva 01/19/2010 at 3:41 am Reply

the “all the way down” photo is my fave 🙂

• earthlingorgeous 01/19/2010 at 2:17 am Reply

@ Paula aahahaha yeah I was so paparazzi with that mom and son shot.

@ Wena aahaha it was so fun. The shoot was fun I had to chase my daughter around to get a nice shot of her. It was tough but fun indeed. I think I can pass as a paparazzi now!

@ Flow oo pati yung pusa haharang harang kasi sila sa daan kaya pati sila napagdiskitahan ko! LMAO! Pero swear as soon as they smelled the tea tumakbo ng mabilis at ayaw na lumapit aahahahaha!

• Flow 01/19/2010 at 2:14 am Reply

Pati yung pusa na paparazzi pero fave ko yung lychee flavor ng real leaf
    .-= Flow´s last blog ..2010 Election Update: Perlas and Delos Reyes on the issue of Population and Environment =-.

• Wena 01/19/2010 at 1:54 am Reply

hahaha! ang cute ng entry mo sis…maiimagine ko ang kaguluhan sa inyo habang kinukunan mo sila. pati si ming-ming isinali mo pa hahaha.
    .-= Wena´s last blog ..I Want to Win Earthlingorgeous’ AVON ANEW REJUVENATE Give-Away =-.

• Paula 01/19/2010 at 1:43 am Reply

You were so brave to take that paparazzi shot with the mother. Good luck!