Great new for my fellow Filipino who likes to travel a lot! India now offers visa upon arrival in India! The tourist visa upon arrival took effect last January 1, 2011!
Full text of the announcement:
The visa on arrival shall be granted by the Immigration Officers at Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata airports and shall be valid for a maximum of 30 days, single entry. The Tourist Visa-on-Arrival shall be allowed for a maximum of two times in a calendar year with a minimum gap of two months between each visit. These visas are non-extendable and non convertible.
Who are eligible:
- Filipinos with valid passports with at least 6 months validity or re-entry permit if required
- Visiting India for the purpose of tourism (recreation, sight-seeing, visiting friends & relatives).
- Fulfills all other criteria for grant of normal tourist visa to India such as assured financial standing (production of confirmed return ticket, or ticket for onward journey within 30 days of arrival at India, proof of availability of sufficient funds to spend in India).
- Passport size photographs
- Photocopy of the passport
Who are not eligible:
- Filipino who was or whose parents or grand parents were born in and was permanent residents in Pakistan,
- Persons holding diplomatic/official passports
- Persons who are residents or works in India
- Persons who are declared persona non grata by the Government of India, and is the subject of a black list or any warning circular or restrictive list.
- A fee of US$60 per passenger or equivalent amount in Indian Rupees
Please feel free to get in touch with our Documentations Department for further assistance on this and other visa matters.
Documentations Department (Manila): 523-8801 local 8701 to 03 and (Makati): 894-0886 local 1701 to 07
Isn’t this a great news? Let’s go to India! Finally I’ll be able to see Taj Mahal!
What places in India would you like to see?
Stay gorgeous everyone!