Due to insistent readers demand, I will teach you the basic makeup look that you can wear from daytime to nighttime without so much fuss.
- Liquid or creme foundation which will be the base for your makeup to make it last longer . Makeup is like painting and to create a beautiful artwork you need a clean canvass to start with. (Tip Liquid foundation or creme makeup works best for ladies aged 30 above. Tinted moisturizer, or pressed foundation/ powder works best for 29 below. BB creme and CC creme is an exception to both address skin problems such as acne)
- Eyebrow pencil to fill your brows (to thin eyebrows make you look old, full and clean brows makes you look younger, super thick brows makes you look like a monster)
- Eye shadow – invest on nudes and neutrals they can go long way!
- Lipstick – invest in one nude lipstick and one bright shade one maybe bloody red or hot pink
- Blusher – In coral or blush pink
- Liquid Eyeliner
Fresh and light. Makeup is used here to highlight your look. You just use enough makeup to give your face a hint of color.
How to do this:
Apply foundation and set with lose powder. Fill your brows. Apply eye shadow. For day look neutral and light colors work best.
Follow the 4 step illustration above on how to apply your basic eye shadow.
Add more color to your basic daytime makeup for more drama.
How to do this:
Add more darker shade on top of your existing makeup, focus on 3 and 4 areas (as shown in photo above). You can also use glittery makeup for additional drama. Add mascara and eyeliner to open your eyes more.
Use bolder lip shade for more ooomph to your look (red or pink works!)
Can you see the tradition from daytime makeup to nighttime look?
What I used:
- L’Oreal True Match Foundation N7
- Revlon ColorStay Quad Eyeshadow Delightful
- Fairydrops Volume Burst Mascara Waterproof
- Shu Uemura Chocolat Donna Raspberry and Mocha palette
- Estee Lauder DoubleWear Stay In Place Eye Pencil Onyx
- Laura Mercier Creme Smooth Lip Color Tamara Red & Coral
- Laura Mercier Graphic Liquid Eyeliner
- Lancome Petite Tresor Colour Palette Ombre Hypnose
- K-Palette Lasting 2Way Eyebrow Pencil
- Nature Republic Pretty Tree Wood Eyebrow Pencil
- Charm Makeup Brushes
If you want more dramatic eyes you can make it darker by adding more eyeliner on the lower eyelash line and blend with a blending brush.
What do you think?
Stay gorgeous everyone!