Who bagged the Best Restaurant in Philippines, Japan, Korea, Thailand, Taiwan, Cambodia, India, Sri Lanka, China, and Singapore? Scroll down to know more.
If you want to know where to dine when in Asia this 2015 look no further as the Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants of 2015 was named yesterday night, March 9,2015 at the Capella Hotel in Singapore.
How Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants list is compiled?
Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants is created by The Diners Club® Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants Academy, an influential group of over 300 leaders in the restaurant industry across Asia, each selected for their expert opinion of Asia’s restaurant scene
The BEST RESTAURANT in Asia for 2015 was bagged by Gaggan in Bangkok ! Chef Gaggan Anand receives the award for The S.Pellegrino Best Restaurant in Asia and The S.Pellegrino Best Restaurant in Thailand.
China boasts 16 restaurants on the list, followed by Singapore and Japan with 10 and eight respectively.
Individual Country Awards are as follows:
- Ultraviolet by Paul Pairet (No.3) in Shanghai is named The S.Pellegrino Best Restaurant in China.
- Rising one place from its 2014 ranking, Restaurant André (No.5) retains the title of The S.Pellegrino Best Restaurant in Singapore.
- For a third consecutive year, Narisawa (No.2) is named The S.Pellegrino Best Restaurant in Japan.
- Jungsik rises 10 places to No.10, earning the title of The S.Pellegrino Best Restaurant in Korea.
- For the first time, Indian Accent (No.22) claims the title of The S.Pellegrino Best Restaurant in India.
- Ranking at No.26, Le Moût retains its title as The S.Pellegrino Best Restaurant in Taiwan. Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants also recognises Nihonbashi in Colombo (No.31) as The S.Pellegrino Best Restaurant in Sri Lanka,
- Antonio’s (No.48) in Tagaytay as The S.Pellegrino Best Restaurant in the Philippines
- and Cuisine Wat Damnak (No.50) in Siem Reap as The S.Pellegrino BestRestaurant in Cambodia.
Other award winners announced include:
Asia’s Best Pastry Chef: Pastry connoisseurs queue up at Hidemi Sugino’s eponymous Tokyo patisserie to experience his signature mousse cakes.
Highest Climber Award: Hajime Chef Hajime Yoneda‘s eponymous Osaka restaurant rises 28 places this year, from No.42 in 2014 toNo.14.
Highest New Entry Award: Fu He Hui Chef Tony Lu‘s vegetarian restaurant, Fu He Hui, enters Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants list at No.19.
One To Watch: La Yeon La Yeon in Seoul makes its debut on Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants list at No.38.
Chefs’ Choice Award: Richard Ekkebus As culinary director of Amber, in Hong Kong’s Landmark Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Ekkebus is voted by his peers as a master craftsman.
Other honourees include Chef Vicky Lau of Tate Dining Room & Bar in Hong Kong who is named Veuve Clicquot Asia’s Best Female Chef 2015. Chef Tetsuya Wakuda of Waku Ghin in Singaporeis the worthy recipient of The Diners Club® Lifetime Achievement Award.
William Drew, Group Editor of Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants, said: “Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants aims to celebrate success, reward innovation and hard work, and provide diners with guidance on the greatest places to eat across the continent.”
Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants Results:
The full list of award winners is available at www.theworlds50best.com/asia
Hmmm now this is a big list of restaurants to try in 2015! Fuuuuun!
Stay gorgeous everyone