I rarely watch television. For one we don’t have cable and two I watch my TV series and movies I failed to watch online and I can do it at my own time.
I think this is now the truth for most consumers, and this is what Globe recognized with the new offerings they recently revealed. Dubbed as the Next Attraction #GlobeWWGX promises to change the landscape of entertainment in the Philippines by giving original shows, live events and engaging world-class content. Plus a line-up of new international content partners and improved broadband plans that takes entertainment in the Philippines to a higher level.
So how do they plan to change entertainment in the Philippines? Let me tell you the ways:
1. Globe Studios
Nowadays, dramas and movies are no longer confined to television and cinema. Everything can be shared on demand through social media via mobile phones. Globe Studios recognizes this and thus, brings the next generation of entertainment to mobile with original video productions. A collaboration of fresh content from top film directors such as Erik Matti. Paul Soriano, Quark Henares, Dan Villegas, Sigrid Bernardo, Joyce Bernal, and Lav Diaz. Globe Studios is backed by local and Asian media houses such as Viva Films, Reality Entertainment, Quantum Films, Spring Films and Astro of Malaysia.
“ With Globe Studios, we will now produce our own clips, series and even movies,” said Albert de Larrazabal, Globe Chief Commercial Officer.
2. Globe Live
Due to the rising clamor towards personalization, Globe responds to the challenge of how to deliver the most engaging and creative events that will satisfy customers. Leveraging Globe’s extensive experience in live events, they promises to producce more shows and world-class events to their customer.
“ Our years of experience in the industry added with our edge as a telco company will bring perfect partnerships to bring wonderful events to our customers,” said Joe Caliro, head of Globe Live and Globe Retail and Transformation Management.
Globe Live’s first show f Green Day’s American Idiot, a Philippine production of the hit Broadway musical. The show is produced together with 9 Works Theatrical, American Idiot is held at Globe Iconic Store in Bonifacio High Street Amphitheater in BGC Taguig . Two massive Times Square-like LED walls mounted on a outdoor setup. American Idiot roster of talents is headed by Basti Artadi of Wolfgang, Miggy Chavez of Chicosci, former Rivermaya vocalists Jason Fernandez and Norby David, and veteran thespian Nel Gomez. The show is set to run from June 24 until July 10, 2016.
3. New Content Partners such as NETFLIX
- Globe is proud to announce that it is the first mobile and broadband Philippine partner of the foremost video streaming service Netflix . Now Filipinos can enjoy more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Netflix will be available to Globe customers via their mobile or broadband service.
- Disney Channel Apps – Disney Channel, Disney XD, and Disney Junior offers more than 100 video-on-demand (VOD) full episodes and live streaming of Disney Channels. Designed specifically for kids to watch their favorite Disney entertainment anytime and anywhere in a fun , safe , kid-friendly digital environment.
- Sports Illustrated App featuring the latest in-depth exclusive news coverage, live American sports programming of basketball, the NFL, NHL, ESports and much more. Additional from SI sites FanSided and SI Kids for millennials and younger mobile demographics.
- Malaysian media powerhouse Astro will also give Filipino gaming fans access to eGG Network or Every Good Game, Southeast Asia’s first dedicated 24/7 e-Sports network. E-Sports fans will be able to watch tournaments like League of Legends, Dota 2, Counter Strike: Global Offensive, and many more via Globe. Globe and Astro are working on more exciting surprises to give gaming fans a wonderful experience.
- Cartoon Network Watch and Play and Cartoon Network Anything. Watch Adventure Time, The Amazing World of Gumball, Ben 10, The Powerpuff Girls, and We Bare Bears. This will be the first time that a live stream channel will be available for a non-TV audience in the Philippines
- Sing! by Smule. With more than 500,000 songs to choose from Pinoys can sing their hearts out and record it with this app.
“Our new roster of content partners will bring out the best of Philippine digital lifestyle. We are providing world-class entertainment apps right at their fingertips to enjoy anytime and anywhere. This will change once again how Filipinos will be entertained using their mobile and @Home broadband devices,” said Dan Horan, Globe Senior Advisor for Consumer Business.
4. DIY Globe Broadband Plans
Globe Broadband now brings customizable plans where families can create their own packages : a) POWER-UP with internet speeds and data allowance options; b) ENJOY their internet through exclusive devices and access to the world’s greatest movies, TV shows, concerts, games & songs; c) and EXTEND the fun with boosters that further improve the overall experience in the home.
“We also came up with pre-bundled packages which we believe will be popular to many customers, and they can mix and match from there.With our new plans, our customers will be in full control,” said Martha Sazon, Globe Senior Vice President for Broadband Business.
Globe Broadband has also collaborated with : Samsung and TCL for smart HD TVs; Bose (speakers) and Harman Kardon (headphones); Google Chromecast (streaming device) and Sony Playstation (gaming console); and Airties (WiFi mesh), Belkin and Giraffe (security cameras). All these, for an affordable additional fee on top of the monthly bill, over 24 months.
With all these, Globe is set to change entertainment in the Philippines and for every Filipino family to come Home to Wonderful #GlobeWWGX the wonderful world with Globe eXperience.
Top: SM WOMAN
Sling Bag: PENSHOPPE
Shot by: RODEL FLORDELIZ
Stay gorgeous everyone!