I’ve been single for so long that I don’t know how it’s like to be in a relationship anymore. I don’t know, I think I have trust issues or I’m too clingy or I don’t want to commit anymore. Maybe I haven’t found the one who can get me the way I am or he hasn’t find me yet.
I only get to think too much about my relationship status when the Valentine’s month comes. It’s the single awareness month (SAD) when commericalism rubs in your face that you don’t have anyone to watch a movie with, go out for dinner with or give you flowers and chocolates. This is the month you despise the color red or cringe at every cheesy couple on a romantic Vday date.
Hey, don’t get me wrong, I am happy where I stand and I am happy for each and everyone in the world in a relationship (happy or not).
As for me, I enjoy my dating life. I date when I can just to break the monotony in my life or I think someone is worth my time. I just need someone to spice up my life a bit. Give me inspiration and a little weird smile on my face to get through my day. Like I said earlier, I am not into super serious relationship I am not ready for it or rather my lifestyle is not ready for it.
Valentine’s Day is just another day, all you single ladies and gents and in between we can all survive this. Here’s a guide to ease your way out of this day until you have to do it all again next year:
- Download dating apps like Tinder, Badoo, Peakawoo, Scout or any other dating app out there on the interwebs. It’s like a buffet of potential dates. Swipe left or right who cares. It’s only you who will see who you liked until you get a match. Find friends, dates, relationships and everything in between! There’s so many in there that you may run out of the entire day to pick one to go out with. Without you even noticing it, Vday is over! Hooray! You survived.
- Gather all your single friends at your place and have movie or TV series marathon, karaoke party, or computer games. The night will pass by so fast you won’t even notice it.
- Date your family/ child day after all love is universal. It knows no sex , color, religion, race or age. It is not exclusive for girls or boys who wanna date. Your hands will be full attending to your family whims you won’t have time to think about Vday!
- Go people watching! This is my favorite passtime. I like staying in a famous coffee shop at a famous location and watch people pass by. I like reading body language and make my own stories what they are talking about in my head. It’s like watching movie in real life and live setting haha!
- Make a thread on your Facebook or do a live broadcast on Valentine’s day or Love and talk about Valentines and how people really think about it. This works if you have good internet connection. You will be surprised at how many people have the same opinion as yours. You’ll be spending Vday on the interwebs with all your internet friends. You will no longer feel alone on Valentine’s day!
- Date yourself by doing the things you wanna do solo. Go to a spa have a relaxing massage. Go to a salon and have a makeover or go shopping . Dine alone and stare back at people looking weird at you dining alone on a Valentines day!
- Be the Thirdwheel. Make a couple friend feel guilty about you being single so they will take you with them on their date. Be the most annoying thridwheel ever and ruin the date. Sit in the middle , eat their food, pick where to go and be as obnoxious as possible. When you feel they are about to diss you go emo with your self pity drama being a single mom so they won’t leave you.
- Have a movie or TV series marathon at home. There’s just so many nice new series out there that you won’t literally have a life if you binge watch. My suggestions: Resident Survivor, The Crown, Santa Clarita’s Diet, Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency, Blacklist, Elementary, Dexter, House of Cards just to name a few. If you are looking for a crazy psycho-thriller movie watch Honeymoon on Netflix (it’s a foreign film with subtitle but you might wanna give it a try). Or if you are into Filipino movies get HOOQ and get hooked! They have the biggest library of Filipino movies including the newest movies from the 21st Metro Manila Film Festival #HOOQdonMMFF. During the last #HOOQHangouts we got to watch Mano Po 7.
There’s tons of things you can do on Valentines day that you don’t have to sit in a corner and feel bad about being single. Plus the fact that not everyone will be going out on Valentine’s day day because payday is the next day.
P.S. I have to label this post satire for those who always take me seriously. But here’s some photo quote’s I found on the internet with regards to dating a single mom:
So, what are you doing this Valentine’s Day? Any other suggestions you might want to add here?
Stay gorgeous everyone!