For the 16th time and the biggest Toycon in the Philippines ever (after last year’s first international appearances). Toycon 2017 is happening again this year.
The biggest TOY Convention in the country once again will be holding a 3-Day event with adding a POP FAN Experience happening on June 30 to July 1, 2017, at SMX Convention Center, Mall of Asia Complex, Pasay City. This is going to be fun and exciting where TOYS, COMICS, COSPLAY, MOVIES, MUSIC, GAMES, and ESPORTS are expected to be there.
For your reference this was my personal experience from last year’s Toycon:
Personally I am excited for Toycon 2017 because this probably be the closest I can get to Johnny Depp and Ryan Reynolds haha!
If that doesn’t convince you let me count the reasons you should be at Toycon 2017.
What to expect at TOYCON 2017?
If you used to be a participant, attendee, guest, or speaker, majority of the feedback received by the organizer is just, the event is all about toys and collecting geeky stuff, and being under roof of pop -culture fanboys, cosplayers, gamers, and comic book readers. This year, expect for uncharted waters and borrowing from a certain famous space TV show, “Boldly goes to where no CON has gone before.”
The TOYCON POP LIFE FANXPERIENCE 2017 takes it up a notch higher and promises bigger entertainment and a whole new playground for the digital generation.
Azrael Coladilla, Digital Content Manager
To make this event more exciting, FanXperience made ToyCon the staging ground of the “ultimate fan experience” for the local fan base who got to get up close and personal for the first time with international celebrities like Kristian Nairn from Game of Thrones.
Who to see at Toycon Pop Life Fanxperince this 2017?
1. Carla Perez – Rita Repulsa in the Power Rangers 90s TV Series
2. Cas Anvar – the voice of Altair in Assassins Creed: Revelations
3. Stefan Kapicic – Colossus in the Deadpool Movie
4. Karen Fukuhara – Katana of the Suicide Squad
5. Charlie Bewley – The Vampire Dmitri, from the Twilight movie franchise
6. Kevin McNally – Joshamee Gibbs in all 5 Pirate of the Caribbean movies
7. Lindsay Mckeon – Tessa the Reaper from the hit TV series, Supernatural
To complete the FanXperience lucky fans will have a chance to interact one-on-one with these big celebrities through the live panels and Meet & Greet sessions.
Event Exhibition and Pop Culture Highlights:
The TOYCON also boasts of some of the biggest exhibits in the world of popular culture and this year’s highlights include:
1. Japan’s top toy brand, Kotobukiya, displays its latest line of Marvel, Star Wars and DC figurines along with the launch of the Frame Arms Girl Anime and merchandise.
2. Warner Brothers feature its movie exhibit of its upcoming line of hit movies, IT, Ninjago, Justice League and the original movie prop doll of the horror cult classic, Annabelle.
3. Mars Ravelo’s Superheroes are featured in their classic art and comic form courtesy of the Mars Ravelo Estate and ABS-CBN Licensing.
4. The TOYCON Toy Club Gallery – The biggest toy collectors’ exhibit ever assembled under one roof featuring top toy brands, Kotobukiya, Enesco, Bandai, Hero Cross, Hasbro, Mattel, Hot Toys and Lego. This exhibit makes ToyCon one of the most photographed events in the country.
5. Artists Alley and custom artwork – fans meet their favorite local and international guest artists for custom sketches, signing and art critiquing
6. The biggest dealer floor of around 240 merchants of various pop-culture merchandise, comics, accessories, cosplay merchandise, toys, and collectibles Other event highlights include:
The grand finals of the World Cosplay Summit Philippine Championship and our very own TOYCON Cosplay Competition
The awarding of the very first Pinoy Pop Culture Awards
Musical performances by British electronic duo, Addictive TV, and top local bands
ToyClicks toy photography competition and the Toy Customization contest
What’s new at this year’s Toy Convention ?
Pop Life Entertainment brings your ideas to life in the Creator Stage! All digital content creators and online celebrity aspirants can make their mark on the digital stage by creating their own content right at the Pop Life Creator Stage at the 2nd level of the SMX Convention Center. Share your genius and get a chance to be part of a global leader in multi-channel networks, Pro Am Studio!
Event Ticket Fee
The price is P500 per day
Discounted price of P1200 for 3days pass
Tickets are available online at SMTickets.com/
The event is organized by the Asian Comics, Toys & Hobbies Collective Inc. and Pop Life Entertainment and co-presented by GLOBE. With sponsors MaxiCollector, Arigatoys, the Gaming Library, Warner Brothers Pictures, Bankee, Toy Empire, Ano Toys, Great Toys Online, Hygienix, Bully Boys Collectibles, Big Boys Toystore, Hubbyte, Kramer Toy Warden, Devant, Mogu- Mogu, and Bruder Toys. With media partners, ABS-CBN, History Channel, Psicom, Manilascape, PBNet and Retro 105.9 DCG FM.