For all photography enthusiast professional or newbie, with or without DSLR camera (point and shoot camera will do.
There will be a 3-day Basic Photography Seminar to be held at two different venues one in UP, Diliman in Quezon City and the other will be in Makati City.
* Intro to different types of photographic equipment
* Film and digital cameras and their differences; lenses, other accessories
* Camera operation and handling
* Applications of photography: portraiture, child, events, still life, pet, macro, landscape, architecture, nature, food, holiday photography, nudes, fashion, fine art, photojournalism, art documentation, etc
* Basic camera parts and icons, shooting modes
* Proper exposure techniques: understanding and working with light
* Reading the camera meter
* Essential picture elements: rules of composition, balance, rule of thirds, frames, curves, patterns, light and shadow, depth of field, balance, etc.
* Outdoor practice shoot
* Critique of photos from day 1
* Lighting theory and practice, ambient versus flash
* Using on-camera flash, external flash, bouncing light, light modifiers, balancing ambient light and flash, light painting
* Creative photographic techniques
* Product photography for profit: concept, lighting, setup, props, creating your own product photography studio
* Critique of photos from day 2
* “Reverse engineering” a lighting setup
* Hands-on shoot indoors and outdoors using studio lights, modifiers, and ambient light
* The concept of Intellectual Property Rights and its importance to photographers
* Awarding of certificates of attendance.
Requirement: bring any digital camera (point & shoot or DSLR). Please read your camera’s user’s manual prior to the seminar. You don’t have to memorize anything. Just familiarize yourself with the menus and learn how to navigate it. You will need to know how to get to the following settings:
a. ISO settings
b. White Balance settings
c. Flash settings
d. Timer settings
* February 21, 28, March 7 (Saturdays) 10:00am to 5:00pm
* Venue: Valdez Room, UP Bahay ng Alumni, Diliman, Q.C.
* Registration Fee: P3,000.00
* February 15, 22, March 1, (Sundays) 10:00am to 5:00pm
* Venue: Tin-aw Art Gallery in Makati, located at the Upper Ground Floor of Somerset Olympia Bldg., Makati Avenue, Makati City. Click HERE for map.
* Registration Fee: P3,000.00
HOW TO REGISTER
1. Choose a venue (UP or Makati). Contact Nathaniel at 0915-548-0214 to check if slots are still available.
2. Deposit a reservation fee of P2,000.00.
You may proceed to either:
A. Tin-Aw Art Gallery (Tuesdays to Fridays only, 1:pm to 7:00pm). Address: Upper G/F, Somerset Olympia Makati, Makati Ave. cor Sto. Tomas St., Makati City. Please see MAP. Look for Marya. Before proceeding to the venue, kindly
text 0915-548-0214 to confirm and look for Marya.
B. Any BPI branch. Make a deposit of P2,000.00 (Mondays to Fridays only).
Branch: Dona Soledad, Paranaque.
Account Name: Ma. Nadezhda O. Demigillo
Saving Acct. No: 8159-0797-68.
3. Contact Nathaniel at 0915-548-0214 once the deposit is made. This is to make sure the maximum number of students is not exceeded.
4. Take a photo of the deposit slip and send it through e-mail with the subject “DEPOSIT SLIP MAKATI” if you are registering for the Makati seminar or “DEPOSIT SLIP UP” if you are registering for the UP Seminar. Email address is email@example.com. Please include your full name, your contact numbers, and the BPI branch in the text of your e-mail.
5. Keep the deposit slip. Present it along with the balance (P1,000) on the first day of the seminar.
For inquiries, kindly text Nathaniel Salang at 0915-548-0214 or call 824-2305. Please leave a message with your name and contact number if the machine answers the phone.