Before my jowa left the country last May, he was able to teach me how to bake. One of the first baking recipe we did which we both really like, and the daughter really, really liked is Chocolate Crinkles.
As soon as they come out of the oven, she will eat them even while their hot!
It’s very easy and a straight up recipe, you can store a premade mixture in the fridge to bake later on. I do this so in case daughter wants cookies I don’t have to mix and all just make ball and pop in the oven.
So here is how I make the best Fudgy Chocolate Crinkles:
What you need:
- Unsweetened Chocolate Powder (I use Dutch processed ones)
- Granulated White Sugar
- Vegetable Oil (I use Virgin Olive Oil)
- Vanilla Extract
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Confectioner Sugar or Icing Sugar (for coating)
- In a bowl mix 1/2 cup of unsweetened chocolate powder, one cup of granulated sugar, 1 cup of vegetable oil , 2 medium sized eggs , add 1/2 tbsp of vanilla extract
- In another bowl, mix 1 cup of all purpose flour, 1/2 tbsp of baking soda 1/2 tbsp salt
- Mix the dry and the wet ingredients together and set aside in the fridge for at least an hour
- When ready to bake, line your baking pan with Parchment paper or cookie sheets.
- Make balls on you preference 1 tbs full of dough makes small cookies and 2 tbs makes large cookies
- Preheat oven to 175C while making your balls
- Roll balls in confectioners or icing sugar coating it generously and evenly.
- Bake small cookies for 10 minutes and larger cookies to 12 minutes
Because the daughter loved my chocolate crinkles so much, I stocked up on my baking needs. I purchased all these ingredients online using my PayMaya virtual card during the 6/6 sale.
Nowadays, I prefer to buy my essentials online and use cashless payment methods like PayMaya to reduce the risk of getting infected by the virus. For me, this is much safer and convenient because you lessen your contact with other people who might be carriers of the virus.
The PayMaya virtual card makes me feel more at ease with my online purchases. It’s easy to use and if you’re planning to do this recipe too, you can simply follow these easy steps:
- After adding items to your cart, proceed to the checkout page.
- Choose credit card as the payment option.
- Open your PayMaya app and tap ‘My Cards’
- Choose Online Payment card number
- Input your card details on the website and cofirm your payment
- You will receive an SMS from PayMaya, confirming your transaction
If you’re looking for websites you can go to for your online groceries, just visit these stores. You can also use your PayMaya here!
- Lazada – lazada.com.ph
- Landers – landers.ph
- Metromart – metromart.com
- MyKuya – mykuya.com
- Fresh Produce – freshproduce.com.ph
- Online Palengke – onlinepalengke.com
Isn’t this great! Shop at home, stay at home and keep safe!
Stay gorgeous everyone!