Warning: For those who has not seen the movie this review has a lot of spoilers, so read at your own risk.
I know this movie was shown couple weeks ago and probably is not on cinemas anymore, but I just can’t get over how awesome The Expendables was. I super love it.
I’m not much of a fan of action movies but this one exceeded my expectations. It wasn’t just an action movie for the glory of big guns, explosions, elaborate fight scenes and stunts, it was a movie that put together all our favorite 1980’s action movie heroes. It has mush and comedy mixed in the hard core fight scenes everyone loves in an action movie. Thanks to Silvester Stallone who directed and produced the movie.
My bf doesn’t agree about the mush part but for a girls point of view its a movie full of mush and that’s what actually made me like the movie lots, seeing the soft side of men.
There’s so many things to love in the movie. I love the fact that there was so little CGI involved in fact I think there is none. Some of my favorite scenes include the scene that put together the big 3 of action movies in the 80’s together in one screen. I never could have imagine having Bruce Willis, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Silvester Stallone in one movie scene, especially knowing that Sly and Arnie are big contenders in the 80’s. The scene was super fun and the exchange of dialogs was so funny.
Willis: What’s his problem? Sly: He wants to be President.
Watch The Expendable movie trailer all my favorite scenes are here:
The Expendables is about a group of mercenaries out on a mission to change the world. But for me its about knights in shinning armor out to rescue damsels in distress.
- Sylvester Stallone as Barney Ross , we all know him as Rambo.
- Jason Statham from the Transporter and Death Race as Lee Christmas.
- Jet Li from Shaolin Temple, Once Upon A Time In China, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Lethal Weapon 4 and many others as Ying Yang.
- Dolph Lundgren from Icarus, Universal Soldier, Rocky IV among others as Gunner Jensen
- Eric Roberts I remember him in Spawn 3 and played the villain James Munroe
- UFC star Randy Couture as Toll Road
- Steve Austin The Six Billion Dollar Man in WWF as the villains sidekick Paine
- David Zayas General Garza
- Giselle Itié plays the role of one of the damsels in distress and daughter of General Garza Sandra
- Charisma Carpenter which I remember from Buffy the Vampire Slayer series as Cordelia played the role of another damsel in distress Lacy and gf of Statham.
- Gary Daniels is a WKBA Kickboxing Champion in California and in movies like Legend of Bruce Lee and Tekken and played the role of The Brit
- Terry Crews from Training Day among others stars as Hale Caesar
- Mickey Rourke from Heavens Gate, Eureka and latest one I remember him was in Iron Man2 plays the role of Tool.
Another spoiler, I heard there will be a sequel to The Expendables and Bruce Willis will play the part of the super villain. Exciting! I bet Governer Schwarzenegger will play a cameo again in The Expendables part 2 I just have a feeling.
Aside from the excitement this movie gave me because of its ambitious cast, it made me think its possible to put together the other Hollywood superstars in one movie. Maybe Sly can make this happen.
The Expendables 1 is mostly 80’s action hero superstars, he can include the 90’s action superstars too like Tom Cruise the Mission Impossible guy, Keanu Reeves the Matrix guy and add another from the 1970’s James Bond either Sean Connery and Pierce Brosnan. A movie with a fusion of the 70s, 80s and 90s action superstars!
Who else do you think should be included in The Expendables 2?
Stay gorgeous everyone!