Do you want to invite good luck into your life this 2009? Well here are some “rituals” you can do:
- Instead of the traditional 12 fruits on the dining table, place 12 heads of garlic on the fruit basket.
- Aside from the garlic, the fruit basket must contain a pineapple and orange.
- Good luck will come your way if you give red envelopes or angpao with money that should contain at least an amount that has 9 on it to those who will visit your house on New Years day. The receiver should not spend the amount inside the red envelope for at least 3 months after receiving it to keep the good luck.
- On a white envelope place 9 denominations and keep on your purse.
- Lucky color for this year is red, yellow and green, wear any of this colors to welcome the new year. If you are bold enough wear all the colors.
- As usual don’t forget to hang 12 grapes by the doorway.
- Light all lights in the house, even the smallest one by 12 mn.
- Open all doors and windows and make sure there are no obstructions on the main door and all doors are kept clean.
- Don’t forget to make noises turn on the radio, TV or anything that could make noise to drive away the evil spirits.
- Write your wishes for 2009 on a piece of paper and post it on your bedroom wall.
- Make sure that your rice dispenser or wherever you keep your rice is full.
- Do a general cleaning to greet the new year with a clean home.
Have a Happy New Year folks! God Bless!
If you have any other tips, superstitions and rituals you do welcoming the New Year do share.