This is the second gel eyeliner I tried after the one from Fanny Serrano and since then I’m more confident using such kind of make-up. Since this is the second, I now have a point of comparison.
Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner comes in a creamy gel type form that allows you to draw a smooth clean line without crease. The creamy gel texture dries quickly after application. Its long-lasting, waterproof and smudge proof formula can resist sweat, tear and water!
Caution (from the packaging):
- Please ensure to close the cap after use
- Please wipe the brush with tissue after every use.
- When stains are noticeable on brush please absorb make-up remover into cotton pads and remove the stain from the brush then wipe it again with dry tissue, and leave the brush to dry.
I think the caution is more of a brush care tip to make sure the brush stays as soft yet firm and bendable as it is and also to make sure you don’t get eye irritation.
I played with the brush and the gel liner and did a lot of swatches from the thinnest to the thickest line I can make with very little amount of the Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner. It looks like a little goes a long long long way!
On my eyes:
I applied a thin line at first so just to see the performance of the gel liner and the brush and surprisingly it did a great job. No patches or blotting, it glided very easily on my eyes. The brush were perfect for the gel liner.
What I think about it:
- I love the fact that it is packaged with its own expert eyeliner brush from Maybelline
- They could have come up with a better container, it looks too pharmaceutical for me.
- Its true the creamy gel formula allows it to glide easily upon application and doesn’t leave patches or blots.
- The creamy gel formula also allows an even distribution of the color
- Once dried it doesn’t smudge off
- It will take a lot of effort to remove it with just soap and water, make-up remover will make it easier
- I love how intense the black shade is I would love to try the black.
Do I recommend this product?
Yes, especially to those who like dramatic eyes and doesn’t want to look like they were not able to sleep all night or just had a nasty fight because of the dark circles around and under their eyes. Perfect to wear a party or a wedding.
Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner comes in two shades, black and brown and is sold at Php449.00 or about $10.00.
So, they say this gel liner can last upto 24 hours? Let’s see!
Have you tried this gel liner before? Did you like it? Have you tried any other gel liner before? Care to share your brand and experience?
Stay gorgeous everyone!