For those who are tech savy or at least like browsing the internet, creating a blog is not foreign to you. It’s as easy as chatting or leaving a note to a friend at a social website like Facebook, Friendster or Multiply.
However, for those who hardly know what Facebook is a blog is something new to them. I often laugh when some people I know ask cluelessly or curiously about how to make a blog, how to make it popular and how to earn with your blogs. I can explain it to them all day but without facing a computer to teach them the basic it’s difficult for them to grasp the concept.
With this post I hope I can answer at least one of the lingering question I’ve been hearing from my non-blogging friends. For those who arealready blogging you can skip this post and find something else to read or if you have some other pointers it will be great to share your experiences too.
How to make a blog:
- You need to be connected to the internet and and at least have an e-mail account. If you don’t have an e-mail account you can sign-up from Yahoo, MSN, or Gmail their sercices are free.
- As soon as you have your e-mail you can now start making your blog. You can go to Blogger, WordPress, Typad or Tumblr they are the populars free blogging platforms. Although Multiply and Friendster have options for blog aside from its social networking features. However, if you want to make money with your blogs in the future I suggest you use Blogger or WordPress as your blogging platform.
- Set-up your blog. Depending on which platform you choose. There are step-by-step guide as soon as you sign-up just follow the prompts and you can not go wrong.
- Upon setting up your blog you will be prompted to create a blog name and a blog title. But you can later change them when you get the hang of it or want something else later on.
- There is always a start-up blog template/lay-out /design available from the blogging platform you use. If you like something advance like the template I am using you can search for free blog templates on your search engine or you can have someone create a unique template for you or purchase premium templates. There are paid template designs available out there and you can bump into paid designs when you search for blog templates. Chiq Montes of WordPress Theme Designer is one of the best blog template creator in the Philippines I know.
- Now that you have a blog you choose your blogging niche. Are you gonna be a purely personal blogger or are you gonna be a niche blog and earn money with your blogs. It’s all up to you, it’s your blog anyway and like what I said ” It’s my blog and I write what I want to!”
I believe there are three levels of blogging/ bloggers: the basic, intermediate and advanced bloggers.
- Basic Bloggers/ Blogging are those who are not making money with their blogs but are there for the fun of having a place to write their thoughts and experiences for the day.
- Intermediate Bloggers/ Blogging are those who are crazy over traffic or visitors for their blog. They sometimes are too enthusiastic at commenting at other blogs to get a comment back making it appear that they are spamming already. They are also the ones making money with their blogs through sponsored or paid post, link text, affiliates or banners or blog advertising.
- Advanced Bloggers/Blogging are the SEO (Search Engine Optimization) experts and masters.