Have you ever met someone who doesn’t want to look younger? If you did, that person was probably somewhere around 10-years old. From the moment we start losing collagen, we’re all on a quest to get it back. Most people will tell you that there’s nothing you can do apart from cosmetic procedures. Fortunately, most people would be wrong.
Here are six ways you can naturally roll back the effects of aging
- Stop drinking – Drinking alcohol in excess can cause premature wrinkles, collagen loss, dehydration and puffiness. Alcohol is a diuretic, which means it helps your body pass urine quickly. Depleting your body of fluids will also flush nutrients out of your body, specifically vitamin A. Vitamin A is essential for cell regeneration and producing collagen.
If you want to keep your youthful glow, watch your alcohol consumption. Try cutting back or cutting out alcohol altogether. If you have trouble stopping, it may indicate a problem. Find help near you. It’s about more than just your outer appearance. Alcoholism is a disease that can ruin your life.
- Stop smoking – Cigarettes contain so many toxins, almost too many to list, that can destroy your cells and wreak havoc on your body. You can probably pick out a lifelong smoker in a lineup. They look older than their years, have a dull, ruddy complexion and fragile hair. Some people have success quitting cold turkey and others need a little more encouragement. If cold turkey doesn’t work for you, try a nicotine patch or gum.
- Drink more water – If you want your skin to look dewy and supple, you’ll need the hydration to support that look. The body needs water to function, and anything you drink will first fuel necessities. This is why you need to drink more water than you may think.
- Moisturize – Water is the best way to hydrate your skin, but moisturizer can’t hurt. It’ll provide an extra layer of hydration to keep your skin’s surface from drying out.
- Drink green smoothies or juice – Your body needs nutrients and antioxidants to protect cells and keep everything working properly. The best way to get these nutrients is from food. Green smoothies and/or green juices provide a nutrient-packed punch in an easy-to-swallow format. You’ll get more nutrients and antioxidants with less chewing action necessary.
- Exercise – Exercise helps get the blood flowing, which is great for your skin. Sweat clears your skin of impurities, helps open the pores and improves elasticity. But unfortunately, this only works when you keep at it consistently. Try to exercise for at least 30 minutes daily throughout your life. Make it a habit that you stick to because even if you hate exercise, it’s only 30 minutes. And it gets easier over time.
If you’ve already been doing these things, you keep at it. They’ll keep you from looking older than you should. And if there’s something on this list you aren’t doing, it’s time to adopt it now. If you’re living an unhealthy lifestyle, p6these six changes can help reverse some of the signs of aging you’re seeing in that mirror. A healthy body is a youthful-looking body, so take good care of yourself and you’ll start to love the way you look again.