When the big 4 O hit, I didn’t know what to expect. I wasn’t melancholic , I wasn’t anxious. It’s just numbers the numbers does not define me unless I look like it. But what’s the expectation of being forty anyway? Wrinkled and sad ? Who set this expectations anyway? I’ve been there and done that it’s not that bad.
Today I turn #4tWon. I won’t spell it . But I survived a year of my fourth decade and look, I am as gorgeous as I was when I was 20 and I am generally happy.
I wouldn’t say my life is perfect, it’s not . If you dive in to my thoughts or live my life for a week, it’s a struggle everyday. But I don’t let those eat me alive. I will win at life and I am winning !
I won’t say any “new me resolutions” I think at this age I already made peace with myself and the universe. My general rules in life now is:
- Don’t get in your head too much . Thinking or worrying too much won’t solve a thing. Things will work out the way they’re suppose to be.
- Never force yourself on people whom don’t like you. Why spend your time and energy on those who already made a judgement of you. There are people who love and care about you that are worth your time and everything. Be with people who make you feel like a million bucks. Or as Marie Kondo said those who ‘Spark Joy” in your life.
- Let go of people and opportunities that weren’t yours in the first place. Envy and jealousy will only make you look ugly. Say, Thank you, then go get your Next!
- Keep doing what you love. Life is too short to live in misery.
There are a few things I want to master at this age, very small things I really wish I can be good at like:
- Put on a falsies
- Create that perfect winged eyeliner
- Vlog regularly! Please subscribe to my YouTube channel here click haha!
If you have read this far. You are my friend . Thank you for the interest on reading what’s on my mind . I hope I amuse if not inspire you.
I didn’t plan a party today , I am not going to disappear today to some place I’ve never been. But the month is long and also it’s my Blogversary month who knows I’d throw away a karaoke party meet and greet with my readers and supporters.
Anyway , that’s all for now!
Stay gorgeous everyone!