This will be the third time to witness the Philippine International Hot Air Balloon Festival held at Clark Field Pampangga that happens every February each year. I must say each time I visit the volume of people who goes to enjoy the weekend of everything that flies grows from year to year. This year, I estimate a that the crowd is 4 times bigger than last year and the number of hot air balloons, pareagliders, divers doubled. Even the size of aircraft that were showcased got bigger as in giant aircraft usually used by the military during rescue and relief operations like C130 planes, jet fighter planes and the like!
Here’s some of the pics I got from my 3rd and last trip to the hot air balloon fest, the 17th Philippine International Hot Air Balloon Festival:
TIPS when going to the Hot Air Balloon Fest:
- DO. Wear closed shoes it’s very dusty out there since it’s an open airfield!
- DO. Wear comfy and cool clothing, there is a tendency to be very hot and humid especially at day time/noontime. Bring extra clothes too.
- DO. Bring jackets or shawl or anything to keep you warm. It gets cooler by sunset or before the sunrise so get packed and bundle up.
- DO. Bring umbrella and wear hats shades and sunblock. Protect your skin from the sun!
- DO. Bring water and snacks, there’s a lot of food stalls out there now but there’s so many people too, the line is just crazy!
- DO. Bring personal hygiene stuff like tissue, wipes, hand sanitizer. The portalets can be very nasty!
- DON’T. Wear open shoes, use luxury bags and anything that you don’t want to get dusty! It get’s really dirty out there. Use something that you bring at the beach instead something for the outdoors and is ready for the wear and tear!
- If you have a car good luck parking is very difficult and the rerouting and traffic gets crazy each year.
- If you don’t have a car, get ready to hitch a ride out of the venue or be prepared for a loooooooooooooooong walk!
Have a happy Hot Air Balloon Festival trip! Take a lot of photos! BEST TIME TO BE THERE is before sunrise for the first take off and sunset last take off where you get to see the night glow too!
Stay gorgeous everyone!