Earthly Explorations was conceived December 2007 but I just opened it in public last March after creating My Happiness Haven on February 29, 2008. My Happiness Haven has revived the creative juices in me and the artist in me who wants to create something unique and pleasing to my eyes. I wanted my blog to look different as other blogs out there using the same templates freely given by blogspot to it’s bloggers and so my quest begun.
When I started this blog I was using the two column minima stretch template but browsing over other blogs I saw some three blogger columns and I wanted them, blogger hasn’t launched their new blogger dashboard where I think a three column template is readily available.
Anyway, I wanted my blog to stand out among the other blogs or at least have a personal touch that is distinctively me, mine and I. I didn’t want to pay anyone to do the dirty work for me because there are lots out there who offer pay services to customize your blogs, I wanted to learn on my own and so I did and I was successful after so many trials and errors.
Anyway what I’ve change here and self-studied to do on my own is:
1) Making my blog from a two column template to three column template
2) Tabs just like a site map just below the header image
3) I’ve added a background image
4) Customized my header image
5) Scrolling texts and images
6) Reactions buttons on the footer
7) Social networking / bookmarking buttons
8) E-mail me/ contact me image buttons
9) Added useful widgets I liked and got rid of some that just cluttered my blog
10) and…. I know there are lots I did in here not just 10! Me and my short term memory I’ll tell you all about it when I remember.
I also did other stuff not related to customizing a blogger blog like joining blogging networks to get some traffic coming in my blog, joined some money making opportunities in blogging like paid to blog, advertising, paid review etc. I’ve made more $220 since I joined the paid to blog sites but stopped doing those because there’s not much opportunity I would like to write about.
I’m sure every newbie out there is interested to learn all this stuff minus the difficulty in understanding all those technical terms and complicated instructions. I am here to share my knowledge to everyone as best as I can. I will make a different post on each topic soon.
If there is anything else you see in my blog that you like to make on yours too, feel free to ask me and I will tell you how I did it as best as I could. Cheers! Happy blogging everyone!