As what I’ve seen in the runways of New York, London and Milan Fashion Week Spring Summer 2013, statement lips will be the “in” thing when it comes to makeup. Imagine how thrilled I was when I received Maybelline’s Rock The Holidays 2012 collection which include the new The Jewels by Colorsensational lipstick in Fuscia Crystal and Berry Brilliant, the new Eye Studio Lumineyes Illuminating Eyeshadow in Gray and the new MasterLiner 24-Hr Cream Pencil! For now, this is a dedicated post on The Jewels lipstick which are bursting with color!
Product Promo Info
Take a walk on the wild side this holiday season with 6 special edition jewel-toned lipstick from Maybelline’s best-selling franchise Color Sensational. Shades available: Red Garnet, Rubylicious, Refined Wine, Fuchsia Crystal, Berry Brilliant and Amethyst Ablaze!
I got the Fuchsia Crystal and Berry Brilliant shades
Maybelline The Jewels Fuchsia Crystal
Maybelline The Jewels Berry Brilliant
Maybelline The Jewels Fuchsia Crystal on my lips
Maybelline The Jewels Berry Brilliant on my lips
- I love the vibrant rocking new shades. Very pigmented you can build color as you swipe as you can see on the three swipe test I did on the above swatches.
- There’s this glittery shimmery effect. The color can easily transfer to others when you kiss and you accidentally wipe your lips but the color does not disappear.
- I love that it is non-drying. In fact it has a moisturising effect on the lips as I applied it on my very dry lips. My lips feels more moisturized now with the lipstick on
- There’s a sweet scent upon application which I also like .
- I would like to get the Red Garnet and the other shades as well! I bet they are awesome too!
- Fuchsia Crystal and Berry Brilliant look slightly the same except that Berry Brilliant is a few tones darker.
Do I recommend it?
Definitely! The colors rock indeed and if you plan to put on that statement lips then consider buying The Jewels. At Php399.00 it is very affordable and colors last and build to impress!
How about you, have you tried this lipstick already? What shade did you got?