I’ve always wanted to do that smoky eye look without having to look like someone just punched me on the face or that I didn’t get enough sleep. When I learned that The Body Shop will be launching their 2010 Autumn Trend Collection featuring the ‘Smoke and Fire’ look I was very much excited.
‘Smoke and Fire’ look is inspired by the rich, natural, earthy colours of the changing season combined with the dramatic flash of light associated with breath-taking autumn skies.
Here are my favorite beauty bloggers trying out the look:
- Autumn Leaves Compact ( SRP: 1,395.00) inin soft dusky pink shades and warm russet tones. Created to highlight the cheeks with a natural looking, soft-lit glow, setting your complexion on fire
- Kajal Eyeliner (SRP: 695.00) in three rich hues. Achieve a smoking, smouldering eyes by encircling them with the unique, highly pigmented eyeliner. Trivia: Did you know that Kajal eye-look is traditionally used in India as a protector against the evil eye!
- Eye Colour eye shadow (SRP: 595.00) in Midnight Blue, Golden Peach, and Velvet Green is created to highlight this high intensity eye-look by lifting and brightens the eye area.
- Divide & Multiply Mascara (SRP: 850.00)
- Colourglide™ Lip Colour(SRP: 695.00) inthe nude and soft pink tones of Soft Beige and Dusk Pink. This intensely moisturising lipstick hydrates and smoothes your lips, ideal for perfecting the hot Smoke and Fire pout.
- Lightening Touch (SRP: 950.00) a magical little wand that gives light relief to the appearance of under-eye circles, instantly brightening
During the event The Body Shop make up artist Roma did a demo on how to create a perfect make up base and perfect contouring using different products from the body shop. Freelance make up artist Den from the blog The Make Up Den showed us how to achieve the smoky eye look (Billie), cats eye look (Me) and a light smoky eye look (Tara) using the kajal eyeliner. Nikki and Shen also had a make over.
Billie had all the works look how hotter she looks after! Before photo is on the inset lower left. Nice noh!
Here is what Den did to me, the cats eye look! Love it!
Kajal Eyeliner in Steel was used to achieve this look topped with the Velvet Green Eye Colour eye shaddow then blend blend blend!
What are you waiting for ladies? Grab one now!
Stay gorgeous everyone!