I’ve been delaying my trip to the House of Obagi (HOO) for my Blue Peel treatment for awhile now because I must admit I was kinda afraid of the downtime and I don’t want to be going around meeting clients and attending events with a snakeskin face that’s peeling like crazy! I’ve seen a blogger friend walk around with her newly Blue Peel treated face and I must say she was very brave at going around with such a face! Haha!
Anyway, now I know its bad to assume. I will never ever assume again. The saying that you will never know unless you try it is a very truthful statement. I had my Obagi Blue Peel Radiance treatment 5 days ago and so far so good I never had that snake skin peeling or did I had my face turned fugly flaky or wrinkly flaky. So far so good, the only tolerable inconvenience that is not so bad at all was the dryness of my skin and yes that very powdery soft peeling which is not so obvious at all. My face also turned super shiny and oily the first three days. Good thing there’s powder to the rescue!
I guess because what I had was an Obagi Blue Peel Radiance a much less drastic chemical peeling of the face compared to the Obagi Blue Peel that some of the beauty blogger friends I know tried before. The Obagi Blue Peel Radiance is a salicylic acid is the non abrasive version of diamond peel, it uses salicylic acid for peeling, sloughs away dead skin cells to reveal new, healthy skin.
What I think of it:
- I felt some itchiness on the face on the first day but Dr. Delos Santos said it was normal. I take it like as what we experience when the skin is healing from a wound it gets itchy.
- It was kinda hard for me not to use all my skincare routine after the treatment but I have to discipline myself not to do so so I can see the real effect of the Obagi Blue Peel Radiance treatment.
- On the first few days I experienced excessive shine on my face probably because it was releasing my face natural oils.
- I also experienced tightening and drying of my face experiencing light powdery peel.
- I had a couple of breakouts but not that ugly bad breakout.
- Compared to how my skin was before I saw a bit evenness of color and texture on my skin .
- Some areas feel smooth and clear now while there are some parts that is still a bit powdery dry.
- I was worried about my wrinkles though, since I haven’t moisturized or used my anti-ageing serums. I slept on the wrong position one night and OMG! I woke up to a deep wrinkle in between my eyebrows and side of my lips I got so taranta! I massaged those parts immediately with a sunblock so as to make habol not to have the wrinkle permanent. Thank goodness it disappeared! Phew!
Do I recommend the Obagi Blue Peel Radiance treatment?
For those with a busy schedule and is always at the front-row meeting people, I recommend this treatment. I also suggest you talk heartily with your HOO dermatoligist so she can understand better your needs and lifestyle. I am glad Dr. Delos Santos understand that I am always out and so I won’t be comfortable attending my events with a snake skin!
Visit a House of Obagi near you and schedule a consultation and a treatment. They know what’s best for you so go ahead and ask what suit your skin.
Thanks again House of Obagi SM North EDSA, Dr. Julie and Sophie for this.
Stay gorgeous everyone!