As much as I think I found my HG mascara, I will not stop with reviewing and giving you my opinion on the latest mascara in the market. This one has been in my makeup for review box since December 2012. Now I had the time to sit down and play with it and here is what I think of it.
Revlon ColorStay Overnight Lengthening Mascara has the ColorStay formula that can last up to 24 hours. It is tear proof, sweat proof and humidity proof. It promises not to smear, smudge or flake. So let’s see.
This is the 003 Shade or the Blackened Brown
- I am surprised that the mascara doesn’t feel heavy on my eyelids/eye lashes compared to the other mascara I’ve been using for months.
- I am also surprised that my eyelashes still feels soft compared to when I use other mascara.
- Although it flaked when I tried rubbing it off with water, I was not able to remove it completely
- Surprisingly, the mascara is smudge proof indeed. Despite having rubbed my eyes too many times, I didn’t look like someone punched me and left me with a black eye.
- It didn’t lengthened as much as I expected it gave very little volume for my lashes after two-coats . It curled my lashes a bit even if I didn’t use an eyelas curler. But my lashes was not as dramatic as I want it to be.
- You can only remove the mascara fully with an oil-based eye makeup remover
- I’m not sure about the overnight thing though. It’s bad to sleep with makeup on.
Do I recommend it?
If you like a mascara that doesn’t weight your eyelashes down, then this one is perfect for you. If you want dramatic eye lashes then this one isn’t for you.
The Revlon ColorStay Overnight Lengthening Mascara is now available at all Revlon beauty counters nationwide and comes in three shades, Black, Blackest Black, and Blackened Brown.
How about you, have you tried this mascara already? What do you think of it?
Stay gorgeous everyone!