If you are familiar with the movie Legally Blonde, you know this part where Resse Witherspoon taught the ladies in a salon about attracting men using the bend and snap method. While her style involves showing off your physical assets to the boys you wanna attract, my kind of bend and snap involves a bow and an arrow! I am the huntress. Acquire target and shoot! Hahahaha!
For beginners you can aim for the 5 meters but if you feel comfortable on a longer range you can have your target move to mid to the longer range, like what we did.
Let the games begin! Clockwise: Rodel Flordeliz of nognoginthecity.com and John Michael Bueno of Kumagcow.com
- Albeit there’s not walking running and too many movements, this sport is physically and mentally demanding as well. You have to keep your upper body aligned, and there’s a proper form you have to keep up to so you can take shoot the bulls-eye you are aiming for. Drawing the bowstring places stress on the arms, chest, shoulders, and back, developing upper body and arm strength with repetition. Constant practice also helps improve posture, balance and hand-and-eye coordination!
- The exercise of targeting helps develop focus, patience and allows you to center and calm yourself, which can, in the long run have a positive impact on one’s mental health and well-being.
- Despite the apparent individualistic nature of archery, it can be a fun social activity with your family, friends, and co-workers where you all can bond like what I did with my clinger friends haha!
Why choose Kodanda Archery Range?
- They holds monthly Fun Shoot Competition to regular clients and interested archers.
- They offer lessons for those who want to take it seriously. For Php6,000.00 for 10 sessions at 1 hour sessions a student will be issued a Certificate of Completion. Schedule will be adjusted to the students availability. Equipment and coaches will be provided.
- There’s a possibility that you will be coached by Syd Nerickzon Fraginal (former player and Philippine SEA games record holder), Ronnalyn Alvarez (former NCR Team member and Palarong Pambansa Winner) or Rona May Alvarez (former member of developmental team Philippines).
- Group packages is available maybe for office tournaments or school activity or bonding party with your large group of friends
For reservations you may call (02)621.9109 or 0932-8436614 or you may email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay gorgeous everyone!