The moment I stepped in the doorway of Madison 101 Hotel + Towers, I got a very comforble vibe inside. The lobby was very Instagramable with its pretty quirky pieces and inviting chairs to lounge on in place. The front desk is uncluttered and staff are approachable. It gave me a young hipster professional feel , it was like one of those boutique hotels I’ve stayed in Singapore and Malaysia before. I had an impression that the people who stay there are young professionals, millenials who are busy working all day and then very chill afterwards. This was even before we were briefed what Madison 101 caters to.
It is located along Aurora Blvd. in Quezon City across Broadway Centrum where Eat Bulaga does their show . It was supposed to be a condominium but the developer decided to take another direction making it a hotel and dormitory type. Madison 101 is less than a year old so it is fairly new. You can see how new it is because the interiors still look spick and span.
At the moment , Madison has 35 hotel rooms , 85 dormitory-style rooms and 10 function rooms that can cater to all occassion. Most of the rooms are being utilized by review centers and most of those staying at the dorms are review students .
Have a virtual tour of Madison 101 Hotel in this video:
I was checked in at one of the King Deluxe Room (rate is Php 3,500.00) . The room has very minimal , no paintings or murals on the walls , very plain and simple. There’s a small personal fridge, TV with cable, Free Wi-Fi . Maximized space for toilet and shower and dresser. Large window overlooking outside. I was in the 8th floor. All hotel rooms are located at the 8 floor up.
The presidential suit is one of the biggest room they have. It has two bedrooms, one master bedroom with king-size bed and one two double deluxe size bedroom. It has 3 toilets and 2 baths, one bathtub , the jacuzzi is on the way ! It has huge kitchen, dining area and living room!
I love the dormitory rooms, beds are big and sturdy. Each has a wardrobe cabinet with locks and the toilet is separated from the shower, divided by the sink with mirror, so three people can use at the same time. Each dorm rooms have their own study table as well so perfect for those studying.
Special Room Arrangements
The set-up can be done at the Premiere Rooms of Madison 101. This is one of their new offerings where you can arrange for a special romantic dinner for your loved one with all the balloons, rose petals, wine and view that you want ! I’m not sure how much is the extra-charge for this one but I guess if it’s an anniversary worth celebrating go ahead and spoil yourselves!
Food, Facilities and Amenities
For those staying at the hotel rooms, they cater room service, breakfast, lunch, dinner and in-between (add-on fee you can pay upon checkout or upon delivery). If you want to eat somewhere else rather than your rooms , they have a cafeteria (especially for dorm dwellers) or a cafe at the basement . However, the cafe’s and cafeteria don’t serve 24/7, no worries though as the place is so near everything you need. Take a jeepney and within 15 minutes (depending on traffic) you are in Cubao Araneta Center! Or a few walks to Robinsons Magnolia. They don’t have a gym yet though, but it’s in the works in the future. They’re event halls are now being utilized by review centers but they do cater for baptism, wedding, birthday parties, events and any kind of functions. Sounds, lights and food can also be included in the packages they offer.
Qups Quarters Cafe
The cafe is quaint and cozy. Price of the food and drinks are reasonable. Taste of food and drinks are competitive to other coffee shops.
Madison 101 is very accessible especially with mass transportation. You can take the LRT train and alight at the Gilmore Station. You can take a jeep passing through Aurora Blvd from Sta. Mesa to Cuba and vice-versa. You can take Grab or Uber or regular Cab it is just across Broadway Centrum the Eat Bulaga studio (but they will tear it apart soon) so the best landmark is Robinsons Magnolia probably a 3 minute walk.
You can see the LRT Line from my room window:
What I think of Madison 101 Hotel + Tower?
- The rooms are minimal. No elaborate or outstanding designs or wall painting to make it pop a little. I would suggest a nice design that is not too intrusive or loud on each of the rooms to make it more Instagramable since their target market are millennial. They need to jazz up the room a little more to make it more interesting . This will make one stay in the room longer than go outside the lounge area or the coffee shop.Also to make the stay of each guest more unique and memorable. As it is the hotel rooms are basically good for those who want to sleep after a tiring day. The beds are okay and the pillows are normal soft.
- What I like is that there are a lot of outlets to plug your gadgets in. The outlets are also scattered at the right places unlike in other hotels that you have to squeeze yourself to crazy spaces to plug in.
- Generally , I love the ambiance of the hotel and even the dormitories. Rooms are very simple with neutral color combinations. Perfect for those who just needs to rest and relax at the end of the day. It was surprisingly quiet inspite of it’s proximity to the LRT railway and the busy street of Aurora Blvd.
- I love the free WiFi service for hotel guest. Dorm dwellers need to pay for connection on a daily basis.
- Room rates are reasonable, taking note of the proximity to places you can go-to and accessibility of the area to mass transportation. As for the dorm room rates it is very affordable for as low as Php4,5000 a month, you get fresh towels and toiletries everyday, you don’t need to clean your room they will. Extra charges though for insallation of TV and electric bill is divided by the number of the occupants.
- Backpackers might want to take a look at this place. I’m not sure how much is the rate for one day dorm stays though you might have to call them for that. The dorm beds and rooms are spacious compared to other dorm type hotels I’ve seen.
Do I recommend this place?
Yes I do. I highly recommend it for those who work or study in the area, their dormitory is a good choice compared to going to room for rents, space sharing in condos and apartments.
For other inquiries or bookings please contact Madison 101 Hotel + Tower
Telephone: + 632 723 1111
Mobile: + 63 936 911 9039 (Front Desk)
Mobile: +63 935 686 3727 (Sales and Marketing)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Sales and Marketing)