This would be my third venue to try archery since my first one last July 2014 and I must say, I love Gandiva Cafe and Archery Range better than the other one because of the size of the range and the facility. I should say that Gandiva is on target if you want a nice venue for your bonding date with your friends, coworkers, family member or lover.
Why I think Gandiva is an on target dating venue?
- Gandiva is bigger. The archery range longest reach is 18 meters, the other one I’ve been to is just 10 meters.
- Gandiva has a bar and snack area where you, your friends or date can eat while waiting for your turn or just having a break.
- Gandiva Cafe serves vegetarian and vegan menu. The owners are vegan themselves so they are promoting healthyveating at their cafe too. I hace tried their veggie sisig and wow, it doesn’t taste veggie but very regular sisig yummy!
- Their regular rate for 1 hour archery, with free use of equipment (bow, arrow, protective gear, use of range, target paper) is Php980.00 but they have an ongoing promo for Mondays to Thursday 1 hour playvrate of Php680.00.
- The range is open from 9am-7pm Mondays through Saturdays only.
- Gandiva promotes fun and fitness at the same time.
I was able to shoot few arrows when I was invited by Icy Mendoza and surprised myself by hitting bullseye on the target game we had at the event.
Gandiva’a first branch opened in SM Mall of Asia in 2009 with the aim of popularizing the sport and of becoming a one-stop’shop for fitness, focus and fun. Some of their basic offerings are the 1-hour archery package, range and equipment rentals, Archery training (recurve and compound archery), Archery armory (archery equipment repairs and servicing) and offset archery range setup and facilitation.
Some celebrities who have graced the ranges at Gandiva are Sarah Geronimo, Matteo Guidicelli, Liza Soberano, Richard Gomez, John James Uy, SlatT Young, Rafael Rosell, and many others. Celebrity ambassador Bangs Garcia is currently enrolled in Gandiva’s basic and advance module.
As a training facility, Gandiva also desires to further bring pride to the country as it makes more Filipino athletes competitive and equips them to be at par with Archery champions around the world.
Gandiva Cafe and Archery Range is located at the 7th floor of One Corporate Center in Ortigas Center.
How about you, have you tried archery yet? If not, what are you waiting for?
Stay gorgeous everyone!