To accept the thousands of tourists visiting every year the island, Mykonos has developed a very high level of tourist infrastructure. The most amazing part of it is the big variety of excellent accommodation venues.
- Hotels ( Belvedere/Cavo Tagoo/Bill & Coo/Mykonian Collection/Saint John/Mykonos Grant/Santa Marina)
Five star hotels are a good option for accommodation in Mykonos, as they offer luxury, convenience and lots of services. Some of the best hotels are
- Belvedere in Mykonos Town. For more than 20 years, Belvedere offers luxury rooms and suites to his elite guests. It has two restaurants, one of which is the famous Matsuhisa Mykonos. It also has 2 bars, a boutique, a spa center and a cellar with a great wine list.
- Cavo Tagoo is built on a hillside overlooking Mykonos Town. One of its restaurants, Kiku, attracts many celebrities and fine dining lovers. This five star hotel offers exceptional concierge services like helicopter or luxury yacht rental.
- Bill & Coo Suites and Lounge is located at the suburbs of Mykonos Town, with a wonderful view to the Ocean and the island’s rocky landscapes. It also has an award winning gourmet restaurant and each room has its own Jacuzzi and handmade stylish furniture.
- Mykonian Collection is a group of top luxury hotels built in different locations: Avaton, Imperial, Royal and Utopia at Elia beach, Kyma, Korali and Naia in Mykonos Town and Ambassador at Platys Gialos beach. The group includes the Mykonian Villa Collection, a unique resort with some of the most luxury Mykonos Villas.
- Saint John on Agios Ioannis beach has more than 150 rooms, suites and villas. It is perfect for romantic guests as, due to its orientation. it offers great views to the sunset, Delos islet and the sea.
- Mykonos Grand at Agios Ioannis is one of the Europe’s top beach resorts, according to the British Telegraph.
- Santa Marina at the idyllic Ornos Bay has a private beach, a private marina, a huge relaxing spa and the Buddah-Bar beach restaurant,
- Villas accommodation
The most luxurious and, at the same time, private accommodation on the island is a Mykonos Villa for rent. Mykonos villa rentals offer beautiful gardens and stylish decoration and are ideal for couples or groups of friends. Some of the wildest parties in Mykonos are being held at Mykonos Villa for rent, as their big spaces are able to welcome many guests.
If you plan to throw your own private party at your villa, you can hire private chefs, entertainers, butlers or decorators.
- Yacht Accommodation
Private luxury yachts are available for rental through agencies. They come with a full crew and they can sleep up to 20 guests each. If you or your guests like diving and snorkeling, your experienced skipper can take you to the best diving spots around the island.
Although the living space on a yacht may be limited, these luxury yachts are equipped with all the amenities you can have on a boat. For more convenience, you may hire additional staff to take care of your needs, such as a private chef to prepare gourmet meals for you and your friends.
Another advantage of staying on a yacht is that you can visit some of the most remote and virgin beaches of Mykonos, some of which are not accessed by land. Don’t forget to visit Delos and Rehnia, the sacred islets with the very important archeological sites and the quiet, sandy beaches.
- Apartments (Villa Meliti/Villa Nireas/Artemoulas studios)
Another accommodation option in Mykonos is renting an apartment. Most of these apartments are in Mykonos Town and they have easy access to clubs, restaurants and city’s sightseeing points. Some others are near the most important beaches, offering privacy and a quiet place to stay. Here are three of the best apartment rentals, all located near the beautiful Platys Gialos beach.
- Villa Meliti is an apartment complex with amazing views to the Aegean Ocean. Platys Gialos beach is at a distance of 250 m. away.
- Villa Nireas offers fully equipped apartments and maisonettes, suitable for 2 to 5 guests. Cycladic architecture and stylish decoration in a quiet but not isolated environment.
- Artemoulas Studios have been recently renovated. Guests have access to a gym, a pool and a bar, just 300 m, from the beach